November 13 - Monday
10. San Diego Chargers. Yeah, and L.T. also. Watching the first quarter of football today with the Bengals, you could tell they finally had things working. It wasn't the 21 points, it was the time that Carson Palmer had. Despite the strong D-Line of the Bolts, C.P. had plenty of time to look downfield and make the deep throws. Over 400 passing yards for #9 and over 250 receiving yards for "Ocho Cinco", but in the end, they fall to the Chargers in a shootout. But the Bengals are back, just watch next week against the Saints.
9. Freeway Closures. The 15 freeway has construction that is taking place during the weekend at the 215, this construction prevents drivers from coming down the 15 and heading towards the San Diego area, and as a result you must continue on the 215 about 10-15 miles out of the way so you can take the 10 BACK to the 15. This really didn't affect me so much, but I still hate it. As long as it doesn't affect my trips to Vegas and Laughlin I'll be happy.
8. Thelma. HA!
7. Cassette Adapters. So after all these years I finally own an iPod (thanks to my beautiful wife). But until I have the money to purchase an adapter specifically for my car, I am forced to listen to my music in my car stereo via a cassette adapter which is just no bueno. It could be worse and I would have to deal with an FM transmitter, but it just isn't as good as it can be.
6. Damon Huard. Every freakin week I play him it is a massive failure. Last week I play Tom Brady instead in one of my fantasy leagues and Huard scores 20 points, I bench Brady and play Huard and I manage 5 points. I'm dropping Huard, he has pissed me off way too much this season.
5. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The idea of unsportsmanlike conduct makes sense and I have always felt that anytime you celebrate as if you were the only person on a team, then you deserve a penalty. When you get a sack, touchdown, interception and you have 4-5 guys out there celebrating together, that shouldn't be a penalty. Everyone worked together, they did their job, and they are happy. Football is a team game, a true team game in every aspect of the phrase, let them celebrate, it is more entertaining for the viewers.
4. Referees. This goes along with #5, why can't referees get these calls right? Over the past 2 weeks, there have been at least 5 calls that referees screwed up during a challenge/review. 2 of the biggest ones were last week where the Vikes played the Patriots and I think Wiggins caught the ball, made a couple steps, rolled and then the ball came out and rolled out of bounds. The play is ruled an incomplete pass, it's challenege by the Vikes, and is never overturned. Then there was a Titans games in which Drew Bennet catches the ball, secures it, and makes FIVE steps in bounds and it is ruled incomplete after review. Bullshit, bull fkn shit. We need some new eyes out there.
3. Losing. After a decent game by Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith tonight against the Bucs, I lost a 30+ point lead to my wife in our fantasy football league. I lost to my wife, again! This is the second time this year I have lost to her in two different leagues, I haven't won a game. Feel for me guys, I need help.
2. Sore muscles. For the past two days my legs have been killing me due to sore muscles. This is really bad living in a two story house and then having to walk up 2 flights of stairs to get to work each day. It has been bothering me becaused I don't know why they have been so sore, and then I remembered. I made the stupid decision while visiting my wife's family this weekend to try to do squats with my neice on my back. 65 pound girl and top of a 190 pound me means sore freaking legs the next few days.
1. Non-pregnant Wives. Well kids, after over 5 years of dating and over 6 months of being married, I finally knocked up my wife. Words cannot describe how I am feeling right now, I always wanted kids, but not even I knew that I wanted them this much. She is only about a month along but I am looking forward to the journey that is ahead of me and I can't wait to be a father.